Wing Committee Hunting Rules
The Quail season runs Oct 1 through March 31st. Due to Little Creek’s preserve status, there are no daily limits on quail. All quail hunting should be confined to Quail areas 1 and 2. Quail hunters must sign-out in the Summer Kitchen prior to hunting. Because we have 2 hunting areas, it is expected that Quail hunters will use email notification in order to share the property. During the overlapping Deer season and Turkey season, quail hunters have priority in designated areas 1 and 2 between 10am and 4pm.
- All owners & guests must have valid GA hunting licenses and hunter safety courses where applicable, and are subject to all Georgia Hunting regulations.
- Owners may take guests, however they are responsible for explaining all LC hunting rules to guests. All guests must sign a liability waiver.
- Only one hunting party may use a quail area at a time. It is recommended that hunters use email to arrange for a quail area ahead of time. Otherwise, please sign out the day of the hunt on a first-come, first-served basis. If more than two hunting parties wish to use the two areas in one day, it is recommended that the parties split the day into morning and afternoon hunts.
- Safety is paramount in quail hunting. A hunting party may consist of 3 guns but it is recommended that no more than 2 guns be on the ground during a covey rise. If hunting with a guide or dog owner, the guide will determine the number of guns on the ground. All participants must wear blaze orange and be aware of other people using the main roads. Hunters should pay particular attention to the gas line road since it is a main access route through the property; property owners and guests may use this road at any time. Maintain control of your firearm at all times. Due to the nature of released birds, it is recommended that hunters use shotguns of 20 gauge or smaller.
- Pursuant to our emphasis on safety, please remember that there is no drinking of alcoholic beverages either prior to or during quail hunting. This is not just LC policy but it is also state law.
- Failure to follow these guidelines will result in possible suspension of quail hunting privileges as decided by the Wing committee.